You have seen our delicious curry being prepared on our famous 4 in 1 half day safari on Phuket Island and not its time to try it yourself!
Below we have translated our Thai Curry Demonstration for you to try at home, its simple to make and tastes great served with steamed Jasmine Rice and local Singha Beer!!
Chicken with pineapple in coconut milk
- 2 Chicken filets
- Some pineapple
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- Curry paste (use ready paste or make your own)
- 4 Dried red chilies
- 1 Fresh lemon grass
- 5 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Shallots, peeled
- 1 tbs Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbs Galangal, fresh or dried
- 1 tbs Turmeric
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
Place chilies, lemongrass, garlic, shallots, kaffir limes, galangal, turmeric, salt and the pepper into a mortar. Pound well until a thick paste like peanut butter is formed. If the ingredients are too dry, add a few drops of cold water. Put the curry paste in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator until it’s time to use it.
- Slice the chicken to small pieces.
- Boil the coconut milk and water together with the curry paste.
- Add the chicken when the coconut milk is boiling.
- Add pineapple when the chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with Thai basil and red chili.
- If you want, you can add some fish oil and/or palm sugar for taste.